M wrote:
I have downloaded and installed Java 7 Update 9 but Add-ons Manager does
not acknowledge the update. It continues to show Java 7 Update 7 and
when clicking 'Check your Plugins' shows, vulnerable/Update Now.

When checking the site latest version is shown and Apple System
preferences also acknowledge latest version as installed.

If the Add-ons Manager does not recognize he update does that mean I'm
still accessing Java via Java 7 Update 7

I have closed Browser, restarted computer and reinstalled software to no
avail.

TIA
If you are running 64 bit Windows you need to download and install the 32 bit version of Java for Seamonkey because it is a 32 bit application. Being a 32 bit application it will not recognize the 64 bit version of Java.

--
Stan Gondek
Multi Path Communications