"Philip TAYLOR" <p.tay...@rhul.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:mailman.2182.1352451002.15607.support-seamon...@lists.mozilla.org...

> Michael Gordon wrote:
>
>> After going to the SM download page and searching around for several
>> minutes I found this page:
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/system-requirements
>>
>> Base on what I did not read I have to presume SM will not support
>> Windows 8.
>
> The presumption might be valid, on the basis solely of that document,
> but historically Seamonkey has a first-class record of tracking
> Windows releases, and I cannot imagine for one moment that Windows 8
> (love it or loathe it*) will be any different in that respect.
>
> Philip Taylor
> --------
> * Microsoft have the uncanny knack of taking one step forwards
> with alternate releases of Windows and two steps back with the
> next release; Windows 7, whilst its search facilities are
> abysmal, is not bad, and is certainly far more efficient than
> XP.  I therefore have little hope for Windows 8 being anything
> other than "The new Vista" :-(

I can't imagine Windows 8 not being supported eventually...but what about
NOW? How soon? My present computer is dying and it's old. My new one arrives
next week. Should I install SM or not? I am NOT referring to a version of SM
that will work on Metro. I will be on Desktop most of the time (all of the
time if I can figure out how to do that).