Rufus wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/26/12 8:25 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/26/12 2:02 PM, Geoff Welsh wrote:
(I'm on Mac)

Dragging a tab to the desktop, thus creating a new window, is a neat
feature in FF (and Chrome, btw).

Will SM ever implement this?

Currently SM creates a bookmark-shortcut icon on the desktop if you
drag
out a tab.  that seemed like a great feature back in the days where
most
people had yet to understand the concept of a web browser, being
used to
view web sites, but the FF action seems more useful to me in 2012.

GW

Changing the behavior of the user interface often generates many adverse
comments and end-user unhappiness.  What you need is a new capability
without destroying the old one.

Michael Gordon is correct.  This could be an option.  I would never use
the option since I am quite used to dragging from the address area (URI
bar).

Oops!!  I hit send too soon.

I would never use the option since I am quite used to dragging from the
address area (URI bar) to create shortcuts and using tabbed browsing in
place of mutliple windows.  I never drag from a tab.

Same here - particularly for Bookmarking; I simply drag the url from the
Taskbar to where I want it in the Bookmarks Tab in the Sidebar.

Besides, I prefer to use Tabs instead of windows...I'd likely *never*
use the option.

Don't know if I'm reading this right, and not having used the Bookmarks tab in the Sidebar, so .....

Of recent, when I want to file a Web Address under a particular grouping, I've been using the "File Bookmark" on the "Bookmarks" drop-down

--
Daniel