On 12/14/12 12:42 AM, Rickles wrote:
> Chris Ilias wrote:
>> On 12-12-13 10:26 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
>>> If I want to find a Bookmark in my HUGE collection of them,
>>> I press Ctrl-B, then type in the Key Word.
>>> Great - that finds where the Key Word is.....
>>> However....it does not indicate WHERE the link is in my HUGE
>>> collection of Bookmarks.
>>> It finds it, but doesn't show me WHERE is is !
>>> What File is it in ?
>>> The search results should also show what directory (File Name)
>>> etc the reference is in.
>>
>> 1. Visit the bookmarked URL.
>> 2. There should be a bookmark icon on the right side of the Location
>> bar. Click on it to edit the bookmark.
>> 3. The 'Edit Bookmark' panel should appear. To the right, after the
>> Folder drop-down menu, there should be a separate arrow. Click on that
>> arrow.
>>
>> That should expand the folder tree, and show you which folder the
>> bookmark is in.
>>
> I tried visiting a bookmarked item to see this, and fell over at the
> firt hurdle.
> *-Picked a bookmark at random, page opens
> *-Location Bar has an icon at the right end, tool tip shows 'Bookmark
> this page'
> *-Click on the icon, red * appears on icon, tool tip changes to 'edit
> this bookmark'
> *-Click on the icon, appearance doesn't change, nothing else happens
>
> What am I missing?

If you reached the Web page from your bookmarks, the tooltip will say
"Edit this bookmark".  If you reached the Web page either from entering
the URI in the address area or by selecting a link from another Web
page, the tooltip will say "Bookmark this page".  You need the former,
not the latter.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross