David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/19/12 5:09 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
Rob wrote:
David E. Ross <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
However, the problem is easily resolved by composing only
ASCII-formatted messages.

This is not realistic in today's world when using the program
in a company.  Most mail being processed is in HTML.
We even have HTML signatures.

Amen.  The last job I had was in 1996 and ALL email was HTML.  Where are
you text-only people coming from?

Read my <http://www.rossde.com/internet/ASCII_mail.html>.  You will see
from where I come.  Then read my
<http://www.rossde.com/internet/ASCIIvsHTML.html>.

David, I respect most of your posts but I did read both of your URLs and find them outdated and anachronistic.

MOST email sent today is HTML. You can hew to text only if you like but you are out of date. As I said, all email (not newsgroup posts) I have sent since the early 90s have been HTML. That's company and personal.

Also, most of the arguments about plain text as a preferred format hinge on outdated bandwidth issues that haven't existed in a decade or more. Sure, a few people are living in the outer reaches and are using dial-up. But, really? How many? Damned few. Join the second decade of the new millenium. Geez.

HTML email has become a de-facto standard for corporate email.  Look around.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/