Mort wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Update: Oracle has released an update to close the door.

<http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57563730-83/oracle-releases-software-update-to-fix-java-vulnerability/>

Hi,

Thanks for this post. I attempted to down-load the newest Java with the
security patch, and came to a dead end. I got an on-screen notice that
this only works through WIN-RAR, for which I must pay to subscribe. Is
there any other way to get this fix? (Oracle only supports CSI
customers, whatever that is.)

Hard to say without knowing what OS and version you're running.

I went through the Java control panel in my Windows 7 Control Panel, and the update installed without incident.

As for Win-Rar, you can get a demo version without paying and use it for as long as you like. It will nag you to contribute each time it starts, but it runs fine after you dismiss the nag.
<http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0>

See also Philip Taylor's response to my post.

Paul B. Gallagher