Interviewed by CNN on 13/01/2013 12:24, Paul B. Gallagher told the world:

> The oldest version in common use nowadays is XP, released in 2001. I
> would count that as "recent vintage," but perhaps you see it as "a long
> time." Close enough.

The behaviour is older, dating at least from Windows 9x -- that is, back
in 1995. I think eighteen years rates as "a long time" in computer
history. It might have been that way in OS/2 or Windows 3.x, but I can't
recall, and I don't really care for firing up my old VMs just to check
that. It may even be that Microsoft copied the behaviour from some older OS.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-