On 1/18/13 11:27 AM, Rickles wrote [in part]:
> Begging your pardon, Mr Ross, but if Java weren't blocked, I wouldn't
> have posted the message in the first place.  In point of fact, the
> plug-in is blocked, and the option to ENABLE it is not visible in the
> Add-Ons Mgr screen.  The only button visible is 'Disable', which is what
> I described to begin with.

When you see the "Disable" button in the Add-ons Manager, that means the
add-on is enabled.

The only option for enabled plugins is to disable them for SeaMonkey,
using the button.  SeaMonkey cannot remove a plugin.  For extensions,
the options also include a "Remove" button and (in some cases) an
"Option" button.  When you select the "Disable" button, you cause the
add-on to become disabled.

For an add-on that is disabled, the button has the label "Enable".  If
you select that button, you enable the add-on.

These are buttons that cause an action.  They are NOT indicators of the
current state of the add-on.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Are taxes too high in the U.S.?  Check the bar graph
at <http://www.rossde.com/taxes/trickling.html> to see.