Danny Kile wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 3/10/13 7:45 PM, Danny Kile wrote:
This may not be the correct place for this question. However, maybe
someone can direct me to the correct place. I get the following error
when I send an email with a link. I does not matter where I send the
link to or what the link is to. The error message states that it is an
illegal attachment on your message, when in fact I do not have a
attachment at all. I only have a link within my text.

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.0
Our system detected an illegal attachment on your message. Please
5.7.0 visit http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6590 to
5.7.0 review our attachment guidelines. 4sm15726472obj.7 - gsmtp. Please
check the message and try again."

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Danny

Are you sending HTML-formatted or plain text messages?

I have it setup to send in HTML and plain text. However you put me on to
something. I noticed that the link www.whatever.com is a hot link in my
text but also it shows up in the attachments window. If I delete the
link out of the attachment list before I send it it will go without a
problem. Is there a setting someplace that is causing this to happen. I
do not recall this happening in the past. SM is 2.16.

Thank you,

Danny

OK some more testing done and I have found that if the link is something other than a .com, lets say speedtest.net or or whatever.xxx it works. It just can not be a whatever.com. Seems like it see the .com as an executable file and not a link. Is there a setting in SM to keep it from putting my links in the Attachment list?

Thank you,

Danny