Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote, On 11/03/2013 12:02:
Danny Kile wrote:

Danny Kile wrote:
Please 5.7.0 visit
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6590 ...
OK some more testing done and I have found that if the link is something
other than a .com, lets say speedtest.net or or whatever.xxx it works.
It just can not be a whatever.com. Seems like it see the .com as an
executable file and not a link. Is there a setting in SM to keep it from
putting my links in the Attachment list?
".com" is on the list of file types google prohibits, according to the
support link you first posted. A .com file is a command file type
extension. Remember those from the old DOS days?

Perhaps you could obfuscate it is some fashion, and tell your recipient to
change it back? Also try including a trailing slash in your link to see if
that gets by the google filter.  http://example.com/  <--

Or use a less restrictive mail service?   ;-)

I have tested sending a mail containing a link ending with .com on my gmail box, and i was able to read it using gmail (webmail access) without having an error speaking about an attachment. User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120909 Firefox/15.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.12.1