On 03/16/2013 04:44 AM, Daniel wrote:
Gary Montalbine wrote:

<Snip>

Is this using Seamonkey for your email or for a webpage? I get the same
heading in my html editor for a new web page with the ISO-8859-1.
However as soon as I save it, it is changed to windows-1252. I have no
control over it. I use Firefox for email in text format.
Gary

"I use Firefox for email in text format"?? As I understand it, Gary,
Firefox is a browser, so why/how are you using it for your e-mail?? For
a moment or two, I was thinking you were using FF to compose your
e-mails in HTML (can FF be used like that??) but then I noticed you
typed "text format", so I don't know what's going on!!

My bad. I meant Thunderbird for email. For the charset someone mentioned use file>change and save file encoding. This seems to work. I am able to save in ISO-8859-1.
Thanks, Gary