Geoff Welsh wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Geoff Welsh wrote:
Rufus wrote:

The highest official SM PPC release she can use with OS 10.5.8 is SM
1.1.19.

SM 2.x.x are Intel only and won't work for her.

Since I have OSX 10.4.6 on PPC G5 running SM 2.0.14 as I type this, I
have a tendency to disagree with that. It's SM 2.1 that won't work.

I wouldn't recommend 2.0.14, or anything earlier than 2.7.x...the
transition was just plain too buggy and fraught with upgrade problems -
I didn't jump on the SM 2.x.x train until 2.7.1 myself, and have kept my
G5 iMac frozen at 1.1.19.

I've never had a problem, and only stopped when I had to.  So I would
recommend it.  The only other G5 I've ever used is on the same SM and
OSX versions as me...so that's two cases of "no problems".
GW

The problems were all in the "upgrading". Took a few iterations to straighten that out.

Anyway, 1.1.19 is simply the best version of SM I've ever used from a user/features/bugs standpoint - I miss it on the machines I've "upgraded".

1.1.19 only has one bug that annoys the *snot* out of me, and that's the Master Password problem that's been plaguing me since 1.1.16-something. Even the Profile manager works, which is more than I can say for the latest 2.x.x series.

--
     - Rufus