Geoff Welsh wrote:
Rufus wrote:

The problems were all in the "upgrading". Took a few iterations to
straighten that out.

Anyway, 1.1.19 is simply the best version of SM I've ever used from a
user/features/bugs standpoint - I miss it on the machines I've
"upgraded".

1.1.19 only has one bug that annoys the *snot* out of me, and that's the
Master Password problem that's been plaguing me since 1.1.16-something.
Even the Profile manager works, which is more than I can say for the
latest 2.x.x series.

Ah, yes, I remember, now, you mentioning that MP problem before.  Since
I honestly don't even know what an MP is, I've never run into that.

GW

Yes - I also have Profiles without Masters and devoid of Passwords at all and don't have the problem with those Profiles. But...

There are several basic OS X interface problems I have that are due to issues using the Profile Manager - starting being not following links directly from e-mails, desktop Alias, etc. if it is invoked on startup...and even if it isn't, SM still doesn't follow on-disk paths to .html files correctly. Which I think is still an issue related to Profile management, based on a few additional observations.

So...to get *half* a solution I can now no longer use the Profile Manager...which I'd prefer to be able to use. Which makes SM 1.1.19 the better choice for my PPC iMac from a user/bug-free standpoint.

--
     - Rufus