Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

In short, if you want six months' history, you have to run the program
for six months without clearing the history.

Paul, I understand that, I'm not that terribly stupid :)

Of course I have been running SeaMonkey for quite a number of months (probably for two years or so), the "Remember visited pages" checkbox was always checked and I don't remember clearing the history.

So it's either a bug, or my memory fails me (if so, I do apologize) or anything else.

Thanks for answering anyway, at least now I know it works properly for others.

Think I'll just have to wait till the end of May to see if my SeaMonkey remembers (or forgets) the history for March.