David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/9/13 5:54 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
According to a Google search of "annoyances.org", that web site is up
and running.
However, I keep getting
"Not Found
The requested URL /exec/forum/winxp was not found on this server."
for
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
also
http://www.annoyances.org/
returns
"Annoyances.org is temporarily down for maintenance and will return
shortly."

Some sites say it is being Blocked.....if so by whom and why?

There is something about clearing your DNS Cache, also. (?)

I know zip about what the DNS Cache is - can anyone help clear this up ?

IS annoyances.org back and if so why can't I access it ?  (Blocked?)

I had gotten a LOT of help from that web site for Windows related
problems. (annoyances...)

DoctorBill

Going to <http://www.annoyances.org/> does work, but it does indicate
"Annoyances.org is temporarily down for maintainance and will return
shortly."  Believe that it is indeed down.  However, the page containing
that message was setup 4 months ago; so I don't know what "return
shortly" means.

Aparently, subsidiary Web pages within the site have been removed as
part of the maintenance effort.  This would explain why
<http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp> is 404 (cannot be found).

If I go to "Run" in the Start Menu....type in ipconfig - hit enter, a DOS window appears and immediately disappears. ????

If annoyances IS down, then all this is Futile.

As to dumping XP - do you work for Microsoft ?
Why would I dump XP ?
DB