MCBastos wrote:

Interviewed by CNN on 09/05/2013 21:11, DoctorBill told the world:

ipconfig/flushdns - get error message.

Windows cannot find "ipconfig/flushdns"

Tried - ipconfig.

Window came up and immediately disappeared.

Well, let's go step by step here...

ipconfig is a command-line utility. So, in order to be able to read the
output, it's advisable to open a command prompt first. So, type "CMD" in
the "Run" box first.

Then, in the DOS-link box, you may type "ipconfig."

The reason "ipconfig/flushdns" did not work is probably because you
forgot a space. Try "ipconfig /flushdns" -- yes, that's a space before
the slash.

Works fine for me without the space, always has (I first learned about it on Windows 2000, I've also had WinXP and Win7).

If "ipconfig" produces a disappearing window, there's something else going on.

Paul B. Gallagher