BIll Spikowski wrote:
Mike C wrote:
When I try to open SM I get: SeaMonkey is already running, but is
not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the
existing SeaMonkey process, or restart your system.

BUT, It's NOT running! This even happens in safe mode. And with a
fresh re-boot.

Anyone know the answer?

 From another thread, responding to this same problem:

It may be that SeaMonkey didn't shut down properly on some
occasion. If that happens, a file called 'parent.lock' is created,
which prevents another instance of SeaMonkey from running.

With SeaMonkey closed, locate the SeaMonkey 1.x profile, you should
find it here:

C:\Documents & Settings\<Your Windows User Name>\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\xxxxxxxx.slt

Where 'xxxxxxxx' is a random eight-character string.

The file 'parent.lock', if present, should be in the folder
'xxxxxxxx.slt', if it is delete it. You should then find that you
will no longer get the message that SeaMonkey is still running and
you should be able to run SeaMonkey 2.7. Note that SeaMonkey 2.8 is
now available, so I would suggest installing that, rather than
v2.7.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave.

That worked!
Thanks a lot!!

Now there's a new problem.
I'll start a new thread called:
"Duplicate Emails"

Maybe you'll know the answer on that one.