Bill Davidsen wrote:
Mike C wrote:
When I try to open SM I get:
SeaMonkey is already running, but is not responding. To open a new
window, you
must first close the existing SeaMonkey process, or restart your system.

BUT, It's NOT running!
This even happens in safe mode.
And with a fresh re-boot.

Anyone know the answer?

No, but I know a new (related) question, why doesn't "-new-instance"
make it ignore the problem. Acording to help that's exactly what it
should do. And I believe I've used command line options to open a new
remote version as well, but don't have time to research it for you. Take
a look at the "-remote" command values, see if that gives you a
workaround if you ever really do have a running process.

Try this:

To fix this, open the  profile folder and delete the file,
"parent.lock" (Windows)
"lock" and ".parentlock" (Linux), or
".parentlock" (Mac OS X)