Cruz, Jaime wrote:
Does anyone know when Daniel will have the latest Seamonkey build up on
Ubuntuzilla?

FWIW, when I "check for updates" from Seamonkey, it still tells me that
there aren't any updates available.  Running Ubuntu Precise, 64-bit.

I have been using Joe Lesko's PPA for the past few years, but it appears now that he is having problems with builds and may need to discontinue his PPA. Given this I am looking for an alternative source for SeaMonkey updates.

I see now that Ubuntuzilla now offers x64 builds, which they did not when I was previously looking for a source for updates since linux mint does not keep up with them. I am currently running two releases of mint, 11 Katya x64 and 13 Maya x64 here, which are based on Ubuntu natty and precise respectively. Given this I would think Ubuntuzilla would work for me.

Unfortunately after inspecting the debs it appears that they have taken different approaches to where to install seamonkey. Joe's debs which I have been using appears to install most of seamonkey to /usr/lib/seamonkey-{version} while the Ubuntuzilla debs install to /opt/seamonkey instead.

Given these differences, will I be able to use Ubuntuzilla to update my current seamonkey install? Would I need to uninstall my current seamonkey and then install from Ubuntuzilla? Should I look for another source to update my seamonkey install?

Dave