Cruz, Jaime wrote:

>Given these differences, will I be able to use Ubuntuzilla to update my
>current seamonkey install?  Would I need to uninstall my current
>seamonkey and then install from Ubuntuzilla?  Should I look for another
>source to update my seamonkey install?

I would think uninstalling your previous version and reinstalling from
Ubuntuzilla should be just fine.  The important files (your settings,
E-Mail, etc) should still be in $HOME/.mozilla/seamonkey I would think...

That was my experience, when I moved from Lesko's PPA to Ubuntuzilla, several months ago. As long as the binaries know where to locate your user profile, it doesn't matter where the binaries are located.

I would uninstall the previous version, and then install Ubuntuzilla. You might have to tweak configs to find your user profile, but if it's in $HOME/.mozilla/seamonkey, the new install should find that.

Of course, it's always good to make sure you have a current backup of your profile.

Smith