Cruz, Jaime wrote:
Does anyone know when Daniel will have the latest Seamonkey build up on
Ubuntuzilla?

Daniel F (the UbuntuZilla one) is very responsive. If I happen to see an update
missed by him, I drop him a note and he promptly catches up.

David H. Durgee wrote:

Unfortunately after inspecting the debs it appears that they have taken
different approaches to where to install seamonkey.  Joe's debs which I have
been using appears to install most of seamonkey to
/usr/lib/seamonkey-{version} while the Ubuntuzilla debs install to
/opt/seamonkey instead.

Given these differences, will I be able to use Ubuntuzilla to update my current
seamonkey install?  Would I need to uninstall my current seamonkey and then
install from Ubuntuzilla?  Should I look for
another source to update my seamonkey install?

As to the directory he deploys to (within the /opt/ area), he is following good *nix file system housekeeping. You are able to run the Ubuntu branded binaries AND the official Mozilla binaries interchangeably. (Just not at the same time!) The way he installs the Mozilla build does take primary priority, however if you full-path specify the Ubuntu binary it will come up successfully.

About updating your UbuntuZilla install, refer above to my first comment. ;-)

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems