On 8/2/2013 9:02 PM, Iceman wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 13:14:08 -0400, hawker wrote in message

I keep getting complaints from those who use Outlook that when I cut and
paste from MS Word all they get is Greek letters and/or gibberish with
MS font inserts and such.  I'm only cutting and pasting standard text.

It looks fine for all other mail clients.  Any ideas what causes this or
if there is something I can do about it? Dumping on Outlook is not an
answer. Folks are going to use it, no matter what we think. If it looks
fine in SM it should look fine in Outlook.

How about just mailing the Word document as an attachment? You can put it
in a zipfile first, to reduce size.

Well what I often have to do for work is discuss something going on, and there may be some text or data from a word document - say a specification that I want to past in. Often it has formatting, bold, number list etc that I want to preserve so copying to text first means I have to re-apply all the formatting. Attaching a snipped of word is not very clean.