David E. Ross wrote:

On 8/5/13 9:59 AM, hawker wrote:

Good point.
I don't know that I necessarily need to preserve the editability,
but it is for business and should remain looking professional and
be able to be forwarded and reused without any issues (like the
attachment losing the in line status). I think keeping the text as
text is probably the best way to do this.

Consider "printing" from Word to a PDF file and then attaching the
PDF file to the E-mail message.

If you're going that route, you don't need to attach the whole PDF (especially in case of a large file with only a small area of interest). Just use Adobe's snapshot tool to select and copy an image of the relevant part of the page, and paste it into your email as a graphic.

Note: The resolution of the resulting image depends on the zoom level in Adobe Acrobat. If the area you want to capture is large and hard to select at a high zoom level, zoom out to select it with the snapshot tool, then zoom in to say 400% and do CTRL-C (or Mac equivalent) to copy the same region at higher resolution (it remains selected until you release it). When you paste it into SeaMonkey, you may have to resize it, but you won't lose the resolution.

Paul B. Gallagher