Rob wrote:
I created this bug for Seamonkey 2.20:

Program is starting much, much slower.  First about 3 seconds of 100% CPU,
then it falls back in CPU use but does not progress.  Disk does not rattle
(no swapping).  When starting with -mail, after some time the accounts and
folders list appears but the message list area remains grey for about 10
more seconds.  Then program springs alive and works at normal performance.

Tracing reveals no suspicious network activity.   Server (IMAP) is
connected OK.

Testing with a different account and removing all .msf files hints in
the direction that the startup time is proportional to the number of
.msf files.  An account with only standard folders starts much quicker
than my own account, and after the removal of .msf files mine started
quicker as well.  However after the program is shut down and restarted
(now with empty .msf files as I have not yet visited all those folders)
it is just as slow as before.

(Bug 903451 in BugZilla)

It is confirmed by Ian Neal, but not much more info.

It could be that it only affects IMAP users and it also looks like
it affects mainly users with many folders and/or multiple accounts.

For me, it is a blocking problem in the rollout of this version.
But maybe there is a local cause that could be worked around...

I wonder if anyone here has noticed it.

6 x email account (1 Imap)
one of the pop email accounts has 14 Inbox subfolders and a couple more below them, others have less. I hardly use my Imap account and it has no subfolders.

No problems starting SM.  I have always start with browser+mail.
Sometimes after I terminate SM I have 100% CPU usage on one processor and have to 'kill' it. That started under SM 2.19 and has continued under 2.20. Linux x64.

I have a performance monitor running all the time in one corner and would definitely notice anything like this.