On 8/19/13 1:37 AM +0900, Rob wrote:
A Williams <root@localhost.localdomain> wrote:
Ruediger Lahl wrote:
*Rob* schrieb:

I created this bug for Seamonkey 2.20:

Program is starting much, much slower.

I read from a guy in german usenet, who could fix a suchlike problem by
making a new exception in his firewall for 2.20

Outgoing?  What port?
That would mean Rob should maybe look at his firewall logs.

It could be a "phone home" problem.  The systems are on a LAN
with no internet routing.  Browsing is only via a proxy.

Is Seamonkey trying to make a connection to internet during startup?
If so, why is that?
Why does it not respect the proxy settings?

Perhaps it's checking for updates? I don't know what protocol is used for that, but it may not be HTML and, therefore, may not use proxy information.

Cheers,

trane
--
// Trane Francks    tr...@gol.com    Tokyo, Japan