Connie wrote:
At the beginning of the year I had a strange crash which caused all my
bookmarks and email accounts to disappear but nothing else was
affected.  It was likened to being a new install.

I think I know what happened because the same thing happened again at
the weekend.  This time I saw what happened so was able to reverse it.

The version of SeaMonkey I was using at the beginning of the year was
1.9.  I still have a copy of that on the affected computer.  If I
reinstall that version, would I get back my original bookmarks and mails?

Connie, I notice that you posted this message using SeaMonkey Version 2.16, but in your post you are talking about SeaMonkey version 1.9. (As there was no SeaMonkey version 1.9, I expect you mean SeaMonkey Version 1.1.9.) Are you aware that there was a change in formatting for some of the SeaMonkey profile files in the transition from version 2.0 to 2.1??

On your old computer, do a File Manager Search for your received e-mails file which is called "inbox", without the inverted commas and without the ".msf" as that file is just an index of the messages in your inbox. If/When you find this file, report back for more directions.

If you need to re-download SeaMonkey 1.1.19, go here....

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/1.1.9

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0 SeaMonkey/2.18 Build identifier: 20130418192405

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0 SeaMonkey/2.21 Build identifier: 20130827183508