EE wrote:
I just found out that Firefox has changed the way plugins.click_to_play
works.  It now no longer puts placeholders over individual plugin items.

It's true that the meaning of plugins.click_to_play has changed recently. However the basic functionality is still there; it just moved to the Add-ons Manager (Plugins section) where you can now control per plugin whether it should be activated by default or not.

I just checked with [1] and a current SM nightly that clicking one plugin instance only activates that one. Is that different for you?

[1] <http://www.ist.rit.edu/~rpv/local/tutorials/embedding_video/>

HTH

Jens

--