Daniel wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Geoff Welsh wrote:
Larry S. wrote:

Hmmm . . . I see "Delete" as a choice when filtering news groups. I
don't usually use it, but have tested it and it seems to work just
fine.

Larry S.

since the filter defs start with "When Checking mail" not "when checking
news" I didn't think it could possibly work on newsgroups and was only
in there as a bug.

I just tried it, I'll know tomorrow if it works (same guy posts every
day about religion in alt.autos.toyota)

GW

No doubt about it, filters, specifically delete, work in news. I have a
delete filter set for several posters in .general that I do not wish to
read. If it doesn't work for you then something is broke. Or possibly a
platform problem.

Dennis

Well, on my Usenet server, I have several set to "Mark as Read" and they
don't work!!

As shown below, this is on Linux x86_64; rv:24.0

The delete I set up works.  Thanks Dennis.

GW