MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 03/11/2013 20:43, azed13 told the world:
I finally moved up to 2.22, net result, when I close a web page
Seamonkez opens a new blank page. Tzping in the news group, zou will
notice that using the Whz kez results in a z being printed. Hitting the
z kez results in y. Manz other kezs produce special characters such as Ä
for quote kez Ö for the colon kez.

What goes_ the previous character is supposed to be a question mark.

Do I need to go back to an earlier release_

Also, the spacing of lines in the news reader has turned to double space.

These are the first problems I have had with a release going back
literallz for zears.

Advice would be appreciated.

As for the keyboard problem: it seems that you have an alternate
keyboard configured in your computer. Windows allows you to have several
keyboards configured, and will attempt to "remember" which layout to use
in which window.

 From the errors you mention, you seem to have both a QWERTY-based layout
(English, Spanish, Portuguese, Scandinavian languages and several
others) and a QWERTZ-based layout (German and Eastern Europe, mostly).

The solution is to open the Windows Control Panel, click on the "Change
Keyboards or other input methods" link, click on the "Change keyboards"
button and uninstall the undesired keyboard layouts.

As for the "open blank page when closing..." does this happens only when
you are trying to closing the last tab on the windows, or always? The
load-blank-page-on-closing-the-last-tab thing is there by design, and
can be turned off by an about:config option. If it's happening in other
situations, however, there might be something else wrong.

Thanks for the reply. The keyboard problem only occurred while typing in the news reader and as you can see, it appears to have disappeared. I do have an alternate keyboard program installed but it is and has been set for English (US). The glitch comes and goes at random but only in e-mail and this news group.

I did run Periforms "Crap Cleaner" after sending my post and cleaned out a lot of buried Temp files along with other junk in my browser and operating system, Win 7 Pro. I also ran a system scan that found no problems. Perhaps that took care of the problem.

As for the blank windows, they did occur when I had several tabs open along with programs that I was using to attach files to e-mail. In several cases, my ISP rejected the "send" option because the files were too large. A blank window opened with each rejection. For now, things seem to be working properly and I will post if the problems return.