Larry S. wrote, On 19/11/2013 18:01:
SamuelS wrote:
Hello SM Team and participants.. I have an idea about how to get bug
fixes done, for those of us who really, really, really want them done
ASAP and then some...

How about assigning a monetary value to requested fixes and let us as
either a group or individuals pay to get them done quickly, of course
security fixes are excluded.

I have one or two fixes for which I Am prepared to pay to get updated
and repaired right away, if possible.

This also goes a long way to support the project too...

Just an idea to fast track some outstanding items.

Thanks for listening... and doing everything you do to support SM and
the end users. Truly labour and truly love.

SS
Love this idea, and would contribute(a modest amount) toward the effort. I do see one glitch in the idea, though, and it's this--as a reader of this group for a number of years now, it strikes me that one person's bug is ofter another person's feature. The "bugs" are often desires for new features addressing an individual's work methods.

To make the suggestion work, there need to be ways to resolve issues about priorities. This has usually been decided by developers, resulting in complaints.

Ideas?

Larry S.
My idea is that it's better to collect votes to see if a new feature needs to be implemented rather than voting for bugs.
Therefore there is no need to vote for solving bugs - Bugs must be solved.
In fact, my opinion, order of priority is:
1. Security fixes.
2. Bugs correction.
3. Implementing new features.

And not the order 1., 3. then 2.