chicagofan wrote:
Since I've upgraded to SM 2.17.1, I've found when I search for even
recent newsgroups messages that I've previously read, there are none
there. It's as if once you read anything, it just disappears. Has
anything changed about this that I can change back through the settings?
bj

I have SeaMonkey set not to load newsgroup messages marked as read, but that was copied from Thunderbird when I installed SM. That setting is not normally present at all, from what I can see. I had to find it in about:config. I would also be interested to know if there is any other way of changing that setting.