chicagofan wrote:
EE wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
Since I've upgraded to SM 2.17.1, I've found when I search for even
recent newsgroups messages that I've previously read, there are none
there. It's as if once you read anything, it just disappears. Has
anything changed about this that I can change back through the settings?
bj

I have SeaMonkey set not to load newsgroup messages marked as read,
but that was copied from Thunderbird when I installed SM. That setting
is not normally present at all, from what I can see. I had to find it
in about:config.  I would also be interested to know if there is any
other way of changing that setting.

I found that the ability to retrieve "read" messages in the Search box
is still possible.  I had to change my VIEW *Messages* to ALL; and VIEW
Threads to UNREAD.  This way SM only displays "unread" messages, but
"read"messages are still accessible through Search when needed.

To see these options from the Menu Bar under "View"... you must select a
newsgroup, not the newsgroup server.  Does that help?
bj

I have seen that, but it seemed not to work as well, at least in Thunderbird. The way I am doing it is actually working. Still, I shall add this to my collection of tips. Thanks.