WaltS wrote, On 12/16/2013 12:14 PM:
On 12/16/2013 01:59 PM, sean nathan wrote:
JohnW-Mpls wrote, On 11/22/2013 12:58 PM:

Win XP, SM 2.22, Browser's Helper Applications list.

I am using a fresh profile of SM and it will not let me save a pdf
file I am
downloading from US News % WR (with a notice about Helper Applications).
That same file gets saved without hesitation using my old SM profile.
The
old helper list shows "PDF file" as a type whereas the fresh helper
shows
only "Adobe Acrobat Document" as a type.  I'm guessing US News may
well not
be using Adobe's product to generate their pdf file and therefor it is
not
recognized by the fresh helper list.

Is there a way to: copy the list from one profile to another, edit the
list,
or just add a type to the list?

forgive me for hijacking a thread, but I've just run up against this
same problem after someone sent me the following links...

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/CwOh9_DfQMO_VivK1ZQLBqJTJp5AHj_cDIBflKtgM0Ro0rng0saXAxY4FO8caTtnkgG9des4qmsmxKzf6CJLWkZ3E7iCGeK3NeS5Pp-C0RKO-XHJReHPCF3SExznXrmUQFdlXdIW4uoYawH6D-vU=s0-d-e1-ft#http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/social_sharing/social_sharing.placeholder.facebook.png>

and

<https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/4ZRcWOtlH9zqnI8VGE4TBRIPCD9lLpi1j3c8euSriV8dxzUN5serT8ll47IkcdXQlKaZ-iRsUamsccoe5sljEGTHjiabRiRq97CpLmuoUdEdp_hEY64mFVlHH_avZw=s0-d-e1-ft#http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/email_layout/1430//snowflakes-top.gif>

i don't run across them often anymore, bit its seems to me older
versions of SM would have just shown me the .png and the .gif

what changes do I need to make so that i don't hafta go off in search of
the "helper application" in linux? As a relative linuxn00b, I've no idea
where to find the default image viewer...

:~(

Have any images on your PC? Right click one, select "Open With", and the
first one listed is the default image viewer.

That is one way.

HTH

brain is evidently not quite in gear after a night of holidaze induced imbibing of Christmas Ales ... greatly appreciate the gentle reminded Walt...

also now noticing the sender of the original message sent me links to the like buttons and the tweet buttons, instead of links to the intended photos...

guess she was over-imbibed as well...

Merry Merry one and all...

--
... CAUTION! Taglines may be hazardous to your disk space!

 taglines courtesy of
 TagZilla 0.066.2 running in SeaMonkey 2.22