JohnW-Mpls wrote, On 11/22/2013 12:58 PM:

Win XP, SM 2.22, Browser's Helper Applications list.

I am using a fresh profile of SM and it will not let me save a pdf file I am
downloading from US News % WR (with a notice about Helper Applications).
That same file gets saved without hesitation using my old SM profile.  The
old helper list shows "PDF file" as a type whereas the fresh helper shows
only "Adobe Acrobat Document" as a type.  I'm guessing US News may well not
be using Adobe's product to generate their pdf file and therefor it is not
recognized by the fresh helper list.

Is there a way to: copy the list from one profile to another, edit the list,
or just add a type to the list?

forgive me for hijacking a thread, but I've just run up against this same problem after someone sent me the following links...

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/CwOh9_DfQMO_VivK1ZQLBqJTJp5AHj_cDIBflKtgM0Ro0rng0saXAxY4FO8caTtnkgG9des4qmsmxKzf6CJLWkZ3E7iCGeK3NeS5Pp-C0RKO-XHJReHPCF3SExznXrmUQFdlXdIW4uoYawH6D-vU=s0-d-e1-ft#http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/social_sharing/social_sharing.placeholder.facebook.png>

and

<https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/4ZRcWOtlH9zqnI8VGE4TBRIPCD9lLpi1j3c8euSriV8dxzUN5serT8ll47IkcdXQlKaZ-iRsUamsccoe5sljEGTHjiabRiRq97CpLmuoUdEdp_hEY64mFVlHH_avZw=s0-d-e1-ft#http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/email_layout/1430//snowflakes-top.gif>

i don't run across them often anymore, bit its seems to me older versions of SM would have just shown me the .png and the .gif

what changes do I need to make so that i don't hafta go off in search of the "helper application" in linux? As a relative linuxn00b, I've no idea where to find the default image viewer...

:~(

--
... You know the story.
Nonetheless, we will tell it again.

 taglines courtesy of
 TagZilla 0.066.2 running in SeaMonkey 2.22