On 16/02/14 07:12, WaltS wrote:
On 02/15/2014 02:41 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
How do I find other Newsgroups HERE ?

I used to be able to bring up a Big List of available News Groups to
subscribe to, but I forgot how to do that a long ago.

Specifically looking for something to replace
Windows XP Annoyances which is now defunct.

I have to find out why an "Enter Password"
window keeps relentlessly popping up.

DoctorBill

First you have to subscribe to a Usenet server. Then you should be able
to get a list of all newsgroups on that server.

One free news server I have seen mentioned here is Eternal September.
There are others free and fee.

<http://news.eternal-september.org/>

Walt, did you notice DocBill typed "other Newsgroups HERE", which, to me, suggests he want groups Here on the news.mozilla.org server, in which case I would suggest he select the server name containing this group and then select "Manage newsgroup subscriptions", wait for the list to refresh, then select those groups he wants to subscribe to!

If he's after groups on a UseNet server, the process is the same, just select the UseNet account server.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.24 Build identifier: 20140131082240

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.24 Build identifier: 20140131081756