OldGuy wrote:
How do I find other Newsgroups HERE ?

I used to be able to bring up a Big List of available News Groups to
subscribe to, but I forgot how to do that a long ago.

Specifically looking for something to replace
Windows XP Annoyances which is now defunct.

I have to find out why an "Enter Password"
window keeps relentlessly popping up.

DoctorBill

Eternal Sept, although free, makes you sign up with a real email address.

The follwing Servers have no signup requirements and are Freeee...

news.aioe.org
   aioe.org is all you need to access
freenews.netfront.net

What is the difference between the different Servers?
1) some do not carry all newsgroups but usually carry the most popular
2) the history is deeper on some
3) some allow posting to several newsgroups simultaneously
4) some are slow
5) some are down often

There many more.  Most are paid subscriptions.

In addition to TBird I also use MesNews (Freeeee...) since it has better
features, especially Nicknaming the nesgoups in the left pane and hiding
Comment post text to any level.
How to mark As Read in MesNews?
  Hold Ctrl and hit these keys in succession   A   T   U
  Then hit Enter to go to the next newsgroup

If you were looking for newsgroups about Microsoft Windows, why not subscribe to news.microsoft.com? Get subscriptions by selecting the news server in the folder pane and clicking the first link on the resulting panel to the right.