In message <c5sdnyw1r9bwfpronz2dnuvz_rodn...@mozilla.org>, hawker <haw...@asheville-spamtrap-community.org> writes
On 2/21/2014 11:15 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message <5307795a.6090...@asheville-spamtrap-community.org>, hawker
<haw...@asheville-spamtrap-community.org> writes
On 2/20/2014 7:27 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll report back as to whether it was
successful.

Just an update: So far, no go. I still get the 'incompatible' message. I
might try Paul B. Gallagher suggestion, ie use old version that works
(if I can find one), then transfer e-mail from old version to a new
version.

Glad to hear. Yes I have had some issue before with Windoz editors.
Now is the time to plug my fav text editor TextPad. Free download.
Might help you here.
https://www.textpad.com/index.html

I'll have a look (I'm a sucker for trying freeware).

hmmm. Something not edited correctly then. It should not give you an incompatible message. It may not work but it won't know that.

A re-do seems to work (see my other post) - but I still need see if he import function works (after dinner!).

As to Textpad - yes trialware but it never "expires" only nags you to purchase after the trial. I think they call it free for personal use. I have the paid version at work, but only the trial at home and it continues to work.

Noted. I'll give it a go.
--
Ian