Tom Pamin wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
WaltS48 wrote, On 08/05/2014 04:10:
On 05/07/2014 09:49 PM, Tom Pamin wrote:
We have a new weather buoy in Lake Erie with video. Problem is I
can't
get them to play. SM says "No video with supported format and MIME
type
found."

If you go to this site, click on Near Shore Buoy at the bottom, then
Latest Video. Can anyone get these videos to play? Using IE, they at
least try to play, but only with black screens.

This one? <http://wqdatalive.com/public/55>

Plays just fine in my SeaMonkey 2.25
I click on your link and i cannot see any video, just a google map and
the title:
Regional Science Consortium
Tom Ridge Environmental Center at Presque Isle

Follow the OP's instructions:
 >>>click on Near Shore Buoy at the bottom, then Latest Video.

I got it to work in IE using Windows Media Player as the helper app.
Still no luck in SM when I set WMP as the helper app. How do I set this
up in SM to work? Can I set the WMP plugin to be the helper?

I see what the problem is now.  There is a text block to the left of the
map that one can see with Safari, but not with SeaMonkey or Firefox.
With those, all you get is the map.  The only way I got a video to play
was by first clicking on View Gallery, then picking a picture, clicking
that to enlarge it, then clicking the play button.  This is possible for
me only with Safari.

This may be true on your installation, but not on mine or many others.
Here, the text block (as you call it) or navigation panel (as I would
call it) is easily visible to the left of the map with no action on my
part other than loading the page.

I can hide the navigation pane (maximize the map) by clicking the "<" at
the upper left corner of the map, and restore it by clicking the ">" at
the upper left corner of the map.

Clicking that chevron symbol does nothing, except with Safari.