Trane Francks wrote:
On 5/8/14 7:00 PM +0900, Tom Pamin wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Follow the OP's instructions:
 >>>click on Near Shore Buoy at the bottom, then Latest Video.

I got it to work in IE using Windows Media Player as the helper app.
Still no luck in SM when I set WMP as the helper app. How do I set this
up in SM to work? Can I set the WMP plugin to be the helper?

In theory, yes, but SeaMonkey devs removed the ability to manually
add/remove MIME types via the Helper Applications dialog. Now the only
way to do it would be to dig into your profile and edit mimeTypes.rdf. I
gave it the college try to fix this, but even though I was able to add
video/mp4 as a MIME type and set QuickTime plugin as the helper
application, the video frame still shows the same error.

Editing mimeTypes.rdf is messy and prone to error. If you go playing in
there, make a backup copy of the file just in case. Good luck with it.

Actually, you can edit existing entries in the prefs dialog, but I agree it doesn't seem possible to add or delete entries.

To change the handler of a file type, select its entry at Edit | Preferences | Browser | Helper Applications by clicking once. The name of the handler becomes a button. Click the button and you get a pull-down list, including the option "Use other..." If you don't see the application you want to use in the list, click "Use other..." and select the app there from among the ones the OS recognizes as capable of handling the file type. OK out.

Paul B. Gallagher