Larry S. wrote:

Hmm... I don't see much in the way of video Helper Applications,
although many (not all) videos play in my Windows 7 SM 2.26. Maybe I
don't recognize them. Here's what I think I have in Content Type:
Windows Media Audio/Video File and Movie Clip. There's no MPEG entries,
and no Video entries except Video Podcast.

I might (probably do?) have more that I don't recognize. Am I missing
something? Why do you have entries that I don't?

Depends (somewhat, anyway) on your experience. If SeaMonkey's never encountered a particular file type, then it's never had to ask you what to do with it, so it has no record. There are obviously a few built-in types like JPEG and GIF, but the first time it sees something like PPT it has to ask.

Paul B. Gallagher