WaltS48 pounded out :
On 08/13/2014 11:01 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 8/13/2014 8:42 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
I got an email with a PDF attachment.  When I right-click and choose
Open SM opens it in a browser window.  I have gone to Edit - Preferences
- Helper Applications and set PDF to open in Foxit Reader. SM is still
opening the file in the browser and, of course, it's all gibberish.
What's the secret to getting this to work? BTW, this just started
happening all of a sudden.

I believe there are more than one place you have to put the Foxit Reader
in.  Also, is Foxit Reader set up to look for a call from SeaMonkey?

[quote=ed mullen]
I have gone to Edit - Preferences - Helper Applications and set PDF to
open in Foxit Reader.
[/quote]

I have the PDF Viewer extension installed in my SeaMonkey, see nothing
in Helper Applications for handling PDF documents, and have no idea what
could be causing Ed's problem.

And how is this responsive to my issue?  Or helpful?  What am I missing?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/