On 8/18/14 6:02 PM, Patrick Turner wrote:

I did post recently about how to set text size in SM so other browsers like Chrome
"got it right". By trial and error I managed to fiddle with sizes so this
occurs. Thanks to those who commented, and suggested I used other WYSIWYG composer
programs. None worked properly, and had bigger bothers than SM. Thanks anyway.Even Front
Page is more awkward to use than SM. AL I WANT IS SIMPLE PLEASE.

Sea Monkey always inserts images where I want them but it always enlarges them and no amount of
trying to control image size by zooming out in "compose page" or "browse page"
makes any difference. In Firefox, images appear the same, too big.
But in Chrome, images are exactly as I meant them to be, same as I made the
images when I saved them from an image program. The relative text size is also
correct.

So it seems like SM and derivative stuff from Mozilla don't have enough settable settings
which are then recognized by SM and derivatives. In other words, SM is like a man whose
"left hand doesn't know what the right hand does  does"

Also, SM or FireFox does not display text colors or background colors.

The other trouble is with line wrapping while typing text to describe my images
at my pages. I have to do it manually after going over text. I don't want to do
that, and I don't wan the text to extend right across wide screen before it
line wraps, its a 41.5cm wide screen x 25.5cm high.

Example pages of my site are at http://www.turneraudio.com.au

I tried to see if there were major differences in html source which instructed different
browsers in different ways. But it seemed to me the "view source" gave me what
looked like enormously complex html and I didn't know what to add or subtract to make it
work AS I DAMN WELL WANT IT TO and not to some vague recipe thought up by some dopey
nerd@somewhere.

Trying to find help anywhere left me feeling I needed help.

Gregariously, Patrick Turner.

You've made this claim of SM and FF sizing your images incorrectly before. I _cannot_ reproduce your claim. Your site looks virtually the same in each of Safari, SeaMonkey and Firefox.

I suspect you have somehow changed settings locally for the SeaMonkey and Firefox browsers, which is causing the display to be nonstandard in some way.

--
// Trane Francks   tr...@tranefrancks.com   Tokyo, Japan