Patrick Turner wrote, On 27/08/2014 00:10:
Patrick Turner wrote, On 25/08/2014 10:44:
           Ed Mullen
Aug 24
Ray_Net pounded out :
Because the OP is ill-informed and/or clueless about the Web and how it
works.

I never said that !!!!

Sorry if I said you said what I quoted under your name at beginning of that
post I quoted. Whoever I did quote is a stubborn old curmudgeon who should have
a wider tolerance of ideas here.

I just said that if you use MS Word to compose a page - READ it with MS
Internet Explorer .... and don't play with other browser like SeaMonkey....

Yeah, but when one program won't do the other does, and don't recognize the
other, one or the other or both are acting STUPID, because both should
recognize what the other does and be compatible because we only want one
outcome which suits all browsers.

I discovered its probably and I do say probably better to type up a page in
plain text and do all editing of text before cutting and pasting to SeaMonkey
composer, then insert pictures. The least fucking up of html seems to occur
then.

And i have also said that if you think that because your page is OK on
your pc .... automatically this page is good on my pc .... is WRONG.

Please lift your head out of the sand its in. If I do not get my web page to
look acceptable both on my local browsers offline AND ONLINE from my browsers
you would have ZERO chance of seeing it properly on your browsers online. I
have always had to be vigilant about mistakes and inconsistencies created in
the composer process,and the mistakes I create. Nobody's perfect.

And last weekend I proved mistakes could get past the local scrutiny but then
appear after posting pages to a website. But if I can browse my website from
the ISP server and all is well then you will find that also the case. This has
been true since 2001. But during that time, generally the offline browsers gave
same result as online browsing.

I still can't get SeaMonkey or Firefox to display page colours when offline or
online browsing. Chrome does it OK offline or online, and maybe Internet
Explorer. I say maybe because I had to give up using IE because mysearch and
other rubbish kept hi-jacking the setting and slowing everything down and I
suspected malware so IE was abandoned.

Patrick Turner.
You are too complicated .... and the "Composer" part of SeaMonkey SHOULD NOT BE USED .... It's TOO OLD !