On 08/27/2014 07:45 AM, Rick Merrill wrote:
On 8/25/2014 4:44 AM, Patrick Turner wrote:
So, until I have another horrible problem I might just STFU and keep on
cruisin' through my life without needing to learn all about how to do html
manually.
One way to learn HTML is to run your web page through
the HTML verifier:

http://validator.w3.org/

I found it very helpful.

Added Patrick's full quote above for clarity.

HTML is pretty easy, if you are not doing anything too complicated.

My redo of Patrick's index page consists mostly of:

    The text for that link

and so on. It is only links and text, with  a couple images.

A couple header tags, some hacks to maintain consistency with his original.

I think all that can easily be done in Composer. I used Eclipse.

I find styling harder to grasp, but even that is pretty simple for the index page. The all bold had to go though. That was hard on the eyes.

So far the .html passes the test.

x-posted and followup set to m.general