Occasionally an email I receive has the mark "[Spam]" added to the subject line. Most of them are from retailers I have dealt with, so I don't consider them spam. I delete them and they sit in my trash file.

I'm a bit concerned that whatever adds this (Spam Assassin, apparently, will someday wake up and start deleting these before I have a chance to read and delete them.

I read through preferences and found nothing about Spam Assassin, but there were a couple of items I had marked so that this type of message is not deleted until I do the deleting.

So how can I end this spam marking, or is it really not a problem.