Danny Kile wrote:
William wrote:
Occasionally an email I receive has the mark "[Spam]" added to the
subject line.  Most of them are from retailers I have dealt with, so I
don't consider them spam.  I delete them and they sit in my trash file.

I'm a bit concerned that whatever adds this (Spam Assassin, apparently,
will someday wake up and start deleting these before I have a chance to
read and delete them.

I read through preferences and found nothing about Spam Assassin, but
there were a couple of items I had marked so that this type of message
is not deleted until I do the deleting.

So how can I end this spam marking, or is it really not a problem.

This is an ISP issue looking at your email address it seems to cox.net.
I would use your browser and log into cox.net WEB Mail. From there you
should be able to go in and set your spam filter a little more relaxed.
I you have certain address that you want to come through and not be spam
then you should be able to add them to you white list.

Danny,

I've never installed spam assassin, and a search of my hard drive doesn't find it.

I visited my ISP and they had three options for dealing with spam. First (and the active one) was that they would delete all spam. Second was that they would place all spam in a junk file and it would disappear in 21 days. Third was that they would add [spam] to the subject and send it along to me.

I didn't like having someone else make the decision, and I didn't like having to visit my ISP periodically to check if I agreed with their decision, So I selected the third option.

What still puzzles me is that they appear to zap some email, and forward some email, from the same sender.