Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
William wrote:

Occasionally an email I receive has the mark "[Spam]" added to the
subject line.  Most of them are from retailers I have dealt with, so I
don't consider them spam.  I delete them and they sit in my trash file.

I'm a bit concerned that whatever adds this (Spam Assassin, apparently,
will someday wake up and start deleting these before I have a chance to
read and delete them.

I read through preferences and found nothing about Spam Assassin, but
there were a couple of items I had marked so that this type of message
is not deleted until I do the deleting.

So how can I end this spam marking, or is it really not a problem.

Talk to your ISP, they're probably the ones adding it.

Unless of course you're running Spam Assassin locally -- in that case,
RTFM. ;-)

agreed.  It's not a SM function.
GW