Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Mike C wrote:
EE wrote:
stan wrote:
How can I suppress Auto Update for SM?

The SM2.29 is too buggy so I must keep reinstalling SM2.26

-Stan

I found only 2 bugs, and I found workarounds for both of them.  The
address book is properly sorted in the sidebar, so I can use it to get
email addresses, and open a compose window from there.  The bookmark
backups will not restore, but if one exports them as HTML, one can
import them.

To stop automatic updates, what I did was go into about:config and
change these settings:
app.update.auto -> false
app.update.enabled -> false
app.update.silent -> false

The only bug I see is the address book isn't alphabetical.
Has anyone figured out how to correct it?

In my 2.26.1 and all previous versions, the address book has been
sortable -- click on a column title (e.g., "Name") to sort by that
parameter, click it again to reverse the order. Does that not work for you?

Doesn't work in 2.29 or 2.29.1