Ed Mullen wrote:
EE wrote:
Mike C wrote:
EE wrote:
stan wrote:
How can I suppress Auto Update for SM?

The SM2.29 is too buggy so I must keep reinstalling SM2.26

-Stan

I found only 2 bugs, and I found workarounds for both of them.  The
address book is properly sorted in the sidebar, so I can use it to get
email addresses, and open a compose window from there.  The bookmark
backups will not restore, but if one exports them as HTML, one can
import them.

To stop automatic updates, what I did was go into about:config and
change these settings:
app.update.auto -> false
app.update.enabled -> false
app.update.silent -> false

The only bug I see is the address book isn't alphabetical.
Has anyone figured out how to correct it?

Use it in the sidebar.  That is sorted correctly.

Click the email column to sort by that.  Then click the Name column.

No idea how this got screwed up in an update.

Hey Ed,
Thanks for the post.
BUT.... Clicking name at top of column doesn't fix it.

However... If I sort by email column AND THEN resort by name it goes correct.

BUT... the next time address book is opened it's back to being incorrect. (This is with both 2.29 and 2.29.1)

I am aware that if I go back to 2.26 all will be well again.
Not important enough to do that.  It's not so serious, just inconvenient.