Flashblock is the problem here. The latest version for SeaMonkey is no longer compatible with version 2.31 of SeaMonkey. When Flashblock is disabled Flash videos play normally. Thanks for helping me figure out that Flashblock and not SeaMonkey was the culprit.

Paul Bergsagel wrote:
I am running Mac OS X 10.7.5 on a late 2006 27" iMac.. I downloaded and
installed SeaMonkey 2.31. Everything seemed fine until I went to
Youtube. Flash did not work. Clicking on a video the player appeared and
when the video began there was only sound. There was no picture.

I went to Adobe and reinstalled the latest Flash. Still no good. Videos
only played with sound. There was no picture.

Thank goodness for time machine :). I reverted to SeaMonkey 2.30, Flash
once again is working with both picture and sound.

If you are using Mac OSX I would strongly advise you to avoid SeaMonkey
2.31, especially if you use flash to view videos.